3-D Illustration: Space, Color & Texture Premium class
- 1x (Normal)
Create Your Very Own Slice of Heaven15:14
Design Your Hangout8:50
Final C4D Touches14:16
Creating Your Environment18:23
Mood, Reflections, Stars and More...13:38
Rays of Light, Cave Doors, and Angling26:00
Lines and Textures14:29
Using Lines for Objects or Surfaces23:42
Smoke, Lights, Boats and Pipes.18:55
Blending Modes, Dodging, and Finishing Touches9:41
Cool Sites and Goodbye's...3:49
About This Class
This class is for anyone who shares a love for digital art and illustration. If you love artwork that tells a story and opens the imagination - you’ll be right at home. Most techniques learned will be intermediate level, but I would highly recommend the course to any beginners looking for a little inspiration and direction. We’ll discuss sketching, composition, Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop and more.
You will follow along from pencil and paper all the way to a printable masterpiece created by you. We’ll explore composition, light, texture - as well as learn a few tricks to creating amazing landscapes and character stories, all in a single image. You’ll create create your very own digital world from scratch.
What You'll Learn
Students will start with a single idea and a sketch. That sketch will progress into a unique piece of artwork for your portfolio and your wall.
- Composing a Scene. I will walk you through some research and inspiration techiques for putting together a powerful scene for your illustration.
- Character, Mood and Environment Design. We will sketch out all of the additional elements to your 3-D space that give it life and a story.
- Creating Depth with Textures and Color. You will add textures, colors and depth to your piece for final touches.
- Moving from Paper to Illustrator, Photoshop, and Beyond. Translating your work between programs to get the best effects from each.
- Adding Grain and Aging Your Work Digitally. Textures are difficult to master digitally, but with these tricks you will find your go-to tools for adding grain and aging.
What You'll Do
You will illustrate your own unique 3-Dimensional scene using the skills learned throughout the class. I encourage beginners to walk through each of the steps with me to really digest the techniques learned in the class.
This class is for anyone who wants to work in digital illustration, concept art, and storytelling. By the end of the class, you’ll learn that you can use multiple resources to create unique digital artwork. The class itself will walk you through quite a few different techniques, allowing you to strengthen your arsenal of skills for the real world. It will also help you see digital space in a deeper way, which will greatly inform your work.
All students will come out of the class with a beautiful piece of artwork for their portfolio. This piece will show their own personal style within a powerful conceptual piece.
Class Projects 32 See All
40 of 40 students recommendSee All
I'm a designer and illustrator from Wilmington, Massachussetts.
Before working full-time on my own, I was the Creative Director for 6 years at an agency in the North Shore. I have been creating images for screen and print since I was 15.
Today, I'm the co-founder of Bonfire Tides, a digital studio in Reading, MA where I work daily doing what I love- Illustration, UI design and animation.