Aurora - student project


My perfect weekend would entail crossing an item off my bucket list. One of the items at the top of my list is experiencing an Aurora.

Initial Design

Aurora - image 1 - student project

I collected various images of Aurora and created a color scheme based on the pinks, purples, blues, and greens from those images. 

Final Design

HD version on Youtube

Instead of using the construction paper texture for the Aurora, I used different colored tissue paper textures with reduced opacity to replicate the transparency of the lights. I also tried to incorporate a dancing effect to the Aurora. My file size ended up being huge and my rendering time was sooo long but it was all worth it. The paper cutout style creates such a cool effect - I am really glad I learned how to do this.

Thank you for watching!

Thank you always, teacher Jake, for the continually awesome lessons and projects!

Follow me on Instagram for more animations and artwork! :D