157

1

My Test with Onion Skins

I was really excited to give this a try after watching Liz's class. I decided to dye this linen table cloth I had. I followed her instruction step by step and didn't have any trouble at all. I started by slowly collecting my yellow onion skins until I had enough. As far as the rest of the supplies I didn't have to buy much as I already had a lot of the supplies needed. I did buy alum acetate (100gm) for my mordant from botanical colors. After I collected everything I did a cold dye extraction from the onion skins. I let it sit in front of my window for about 2 weeks. After that I pre-fixed the fabric with the mordant and dyed the fabric. I attempted the itajime shibori technique and was really impressed how it came out. Overall, I had a great time attempting this and I can't wait to dye more things. I'm collecting my avocado skins and pits now!

Comments

Please sign in or sign up to comment.