Botanical prints

Botanical prints - student project

This was a fun project and I am very excited to try more. Below are the leaves I chose. I think I was a bit ambitious because I didn't pull all of the stems off and many leaves were overlapping but I thought I would give it a go

I chose to try out some very thin cotton napkins, 300gsm watercolour paper, 200gsm mixed media paper and some cheap cartridge paper. I think I liked the mixed media paper best but the thicker ones stood up to my rough treatment much better. The cheap paper ripped.

I made the mistake of not putting enough paper between my leaf sandwiches (I only put one piece between each)so every print bled through! Next time I will fix this.

Some close ups:

I can see lots of improvements I can make for my next try!

Thanks for the great class