Watercolor Puffins

Watercolor Puffins - student project

This was quite a challenging project. At first, I was frustrated with the blurred background (I don't like how the color combination turned out). Then I had problems with applying masking fluid. My dip pen only scratched the paper because the masking fluid was too thick. Unfortunately, it was too late when I realized that I can dilute it with water. I was upset and I forgot about this project for a week. But luckily I gave it a second chance. These two handsome puffins completely changed my sight of the picture. They attract more attention than the background and everything looks quite harmonious :-)
Thank you again, Chris! Every time I learn some new tricks thanks to your classes. I hope someday I will be able to use them in my personal projects.