Parka Pocket Mend

Parka Pocket Mend - student project

It was my first visible mending project! I have some previous hand sewing/embroidery experience, but I'd never tried most of the techniques used here before. I used a hexagon-shaped patch and blanket stitch for the edges, otherwise pretty much followed the instructions to a T.

(It was slightly more difficult than repairing jeans, because I had to mind all the layers and not let the needle go all the way through, so that the fabric wouldn't bunch up in a weird way. But I managed and it only took a little bit of adjustment!).

I'm super happy with how it turned out! I love this parka and I'm thrilled to be able to wear it a couple more winters.