Angular Momentum

Angular Momentum - student project

This is my first attempt at a Drum & Bass song. 

It's been something I've wanted to do for a very long time, so I'm delighted to have been able to make this. 

I know nothing about synthesis or mastering or any of that, but I really wanted to make a start. 

For the purpose of this exercise I just chopped up the breaks as audio and found some other samples - I think they might even have just been Ableton stock sounds - and tried arranging elements in different ways.

As it became more of a song I got into it and made the artwork based on a physics diagram. 

I learned a lot about Ableton generally this way too. It's a pretty deep program, but the journey of a thousand miles etc. 

My next exercise will be trying to chop a break to MIDI.