So, I work mostly in watercolor and ink, and I love to make illustrations, especially of food. So I thought I'd try some illustrated food earrings. Went with lemons because, why not?
I didn't have 300lb paper, so for the fronts I glued two pieces of 140lb together. If I do this project again, I will get some 300lb. It was tough to get the fronts and backs to lineup, and then to have two fronts to line up was kind of tricky.
I did rush through these a little bit. Mostly out of excitement to see them finished. The wire I had on hand was a bit of a larger gauge that I would have liked. I had some smaller, but it was either copper or brass. Meh.
I think I can go more detailed with the watercolor next time. I just wanted to see what it would look like. I think it could even use a thicker ink outline for a more cartoony feel, which is kind of what I wanted.
I really like these as a project and as earrings. They are so light. I hate wearing dangly earrings because they pull on my lobes, but these are perfect. I have beads that I wanted to put on there as well, but my wire was too thick to accommodate. A little more planning next time, perhaps.
Thanks for this great class! It was the perfect project to shake up my usual routine and inject a little something crafty into my day.