- 1x (Normal)
Tools & Materials Overview4:02
Basic Techniques Demonstrated7:15
Make a Value Study3:10
Mix Complementary Colors4:04
Add Texture with Cling Wrap2:18
Adding Texture with Salt3:30
Lifting Out to Create Texture (Cloud demonstration)3:57
Paint a Simple Object: Apple Demonstration8:51
Create Your Focal Point Painting - Part 19:32
Painting Your Subject: Part 28:44
Painting Your Subject: Wrapping Up (Part 3)9:10
About This Class
Even a beginner can paint fluidly in watercolor! Used traditionally, watercolor paintings have a fluidity and transparency unrivaled by any other painting media. Often described as the "hardest medium" in which to paint, watercolor doesn't have to be intimidating.
In this self-paced class, professional watercolor artist Angela Fehr will walk you through basic techniques and supplies in watercolor, creating special effects in watercolor, and composing paintings in a loose, informal style.
Color theory, texture and composition will all be explored.
What You'll Learn
You'll develop your technique through a sequence of progresssive, structured, clear lessons.
- Overview of Supplies and Tools. Assemble what you need to get started.
- Basic Techniques. Experiment with a foundation for working with your materials.
- Color Mixing in Watercolor. Mix colors in a way that feels useful, purposeful, and fulfilling of your creative vision.
- Texture in Watercolor. Create the illusion of dimension and surface.
- Final Project. Compose and create a final painting that uses your newly learned techniques and skills.
What You'll Do
Your final project will be to create a unique painting in an expressionistic style.
Class Projects 58 See All
Angela Fehr is a professional watercolor painter living in northern British Columbia, Canada. She is a member of the Federation of Canadian Artists, the Peace Watercolour Society, and the South Peace Art Society. She has been teaching watercolor for ten years and painting in watercolor for eighteen. You can also find her on Facebook, YouTube, Twitter, and Etsy.