- 1x (Normal)
Introduction to Simple Animation in Adobe After Effects1:31
The Basic Wiggle Effect2:55
The content of the Project Files1:04
3 Stages - All Set and Ready to Go1:29
Tree Moving in the Wind3:43
Binoculars Spotting a Ship at Sea3:39
Flickering Candle Light Animation2:10
Machine Goes Crazy2:09
Equalizer on the Move4:14
3, 2, 1, Start Wiggling Now, Create your Motion Graphics0:32
How to Embed Vimeo and YouTube Video to Project Page2:38
About This Class
In this Adobe After Effects class you will learn how to use the simple effect “wiggle” and use it as an expression to create stunning dynamic animations without using any Key-Frames.
After this class you can make your animation feel organic and random. (like this example)
The “wiggle” effect can be applied to many properties in AfterEffects, such as: Position, Rotation and Opacity.
Based on some simple examples you will learn the possibilities and the power of this technique.
- How to make the Leaves of a Tree move in the wind
- Making a simple Graphic Equalizer
- Animate the flickering of a Candle
You can download all the 5 project files, each of them containing 3 stages:
(1) Unprepared artwork,
(2) Prepared artwork so that you can start quickly,
(3) Finished version to check how the effect is applied if you get stuck
The graphics are very basic, focussing on the technique and not on design.
(The files are also compatible with Adobe After Effects Creative Suite CS6)
Some basic knowledge of Adobe After Effects is required as this class won’t cover the basics of the program. However even if you are a beginner, you can watch this class, and used the downloadable project files, to get an understanding of the possibilities of the wiggle effect.
If you want to get started with learning the program from scratch there are some great beginner classes from awesome teachers here at Skillshare.
Overview of other classes:
- Create Simple Before and After Comparison Animation in Adobe Photoshop
- Creative Workflow in Adobe Photoshop - Quickly Design a Coffee Packaging Range
- Creative Workflow in Adobe Photoshop - Quickly Design an Ice Cream Poster
- Capture the Fall - Isolate Leaves from their background in Adobe Photoshop
Adobe After Effects:
- Simple Animation in After Effects: Get to Know the Wiggle Technique
- Create a Simple Text and Picture Transitions Animation in After Effects
- Ready, Set, Go! Create a Simple Animation in Adobe After Effects
- Bring Updatable Artwork from Adobe Illustrator to Adobe After Effects
The example Motion Graphics as Animated GIF
Class Projects 6 See All
15 of 16 students recommendSee All
This was a fun and informative class to take. I like the Wiggle Wiggle. Wiggle.
I am a Graphic Designer living in the Netherlands.
I work at an International Marketing & Communications department.
I love Learning, also about "Digital" Design. (Web Design, Motion graphics / Animation, 3D)
I followed a lot of classes here at Skillshare, Now it was time for some Sharing of my own :)
I published 9 classes: https://www.skillshare.com/sebastiaan-destellirer/teaching
My Vimeo-page: https://vimeo.com/sebastiaandestellirer