This was my first workshop I attended on skillshare. Thank you, Dylan for the inspiration! It helped me to explore ink a bit further and to get a sense for structuring a project. Unfortunately I couldn't finish my cards - because life and busy work got in the way. :/ But I decided to post a bit of my process anyway.
My idea was, to take some things, that I think make my home MY home.
As a uniting element I wanted to take the sentence "Home is where the ..... is" and fill it in with the things I chose. The differences would come in through the motives. Other uniting elements would have been the slightly cut-off frame at the bottom and the use of washed ink and the way of the slightly rough lineart.
First some experiments with the ink:
Then my thumbnails:
Then I tried to figure out wich inking-styles I wanted to use by blocking some of them out of sight:
For the lineart and the writing I used my nib and took some tries before writing on the finished card:
And here is the one card I managed to finish ;)
There are some things that didn't work out as well as I wanted them. The edges for example didn't turn out that great. I masked them with tape, but the ink was flowing underneath anyway.
And I don't think the motive it self turned out to be super recognizable - it's supposed to be a microphone ;), because we make music at home and I sing.
Thanks again for this experience and the oppurtunity to take a step more on the artist-path!
I also scrolled through some of the other projects. Great jobs guys and girls! :)