Watercolor texture experiments

Watercolor texture experiments - student project

Watercolor texture experiments - image 1 - student projectStill waiting for everything to dry...I'll post an updated photo when things dry and the patterns are revealed. I used what I had on hand in my kitchen, so in addition to some of the things described in the class videos, I tried tapioca pearls, coarse polenta, baking soda, and dried hibiscus petals.We'll see how they turn out...

 

Update: After the first experiment dried, I played more with my two favorite textures, the ones from the rice and polenta, pictured in the title photo :)

Watercolor texture experiments - image 2 - student projectWatercolor texture experiments - image 3 - student project

 

Watercolor texture experiments - image 4 - student project