Water-color-water-melon - student project

This was my very first experience at creating monotypes. The process was so engrossing!

I used cheap paper for graphic illustration and a photo frame glass.

The first a bit awkward print was an attempt to draw oyster mushrooms. I used clear water, and paint was totally uncontrollable.

Water-color-water-melon - image 1 - student project

For my next watermelon print I added a drop of dish-wash liquid to the water, and things went mush smoother. Although, this time it took me several attempts to adjust the amount of water on the glass.

Water-color-water-melon - image 2 - student project

I'm in love with the technique! Thank you, Anna, for kindling my creativity!