Unplug - student project

I went into this thinking it would be a pretty fast project, but this badge took quite a while to get just right. I kept adjusting, and readjusting, and changing colors. In any case I'm pretty happy with how it turned out :) 

So to start out, I made up the company "Unplug" and started by writing down a bunch of words that I associate with the outdoors. Then I started sketching things until one of those ideas developed a little further.

Unplug - image 1 - student project

Here's what I initially came up with in illustrator.

Unplug - image 2 - student project

I eventually decided to close the circles because it made coloring the badge easier and I think it just looks a little cleaner. After making some changes, and adding color and texture, I came up with this:

Unplug - image 3 - student project

Then, I made a couple variants of the logo and put it on some mockups for a more finished look!

Unplug - image 4 - student project

Unplug - image 5 - student project

Thanks for the class, Aaron. I learned a lot!