My ten-year college reunion is in October.
Call it vanity, pride, or good old schadenfreude -- I want to look as good as I feel. I have a good job that finally came to a promotion. I love my husband. Together we make great food and enjoy great meals.
So why am I putting up with this muffin top and submitting to the Unfit Pale Gamer stereotype?
I think, then, these are the steps I need to take.
- Replenish my depleted supply of sports bras. Really big deal here -- before my promotion, I was struggling to pay the bills, but now I can afford them.
- Track calories consumed. Also a big deal. The city I live in loves to eat out, and I admit to falling into that trap. But then there are nights like yesterday where my husband I made a big vat of an amazing beef barley soup, so I need to also
- Remember that amazing meals can also be had at home, and they will also be healthier.
- Stop treating exercise like it's something vile, like calling my mother. I always feel good afterwards, so why is it so hard for me to get up and do it?
- Fall back in love with yoga again, and consider running.