Triumph over disaster

Triumph over disaster - student project

I initially set a pale transparent moonstone in this setting but realised that it didn’t look quite right. I convinced myself I had set it the wrong way up and took the setting Triumph over disaster - image 1 - student projectapart with a scalpel. I then discovered it was right way up all the time but the stone has a peculiar shape and is higher on one side than the otherso put this peach moonstone in instead. I would normally have had slightly more bezel than this round the stone but this was all I had left and it seems pretty firmly attached. Note to self- always check the shape of the stone before setting. I’ll keep the other stone for earrings where it won’t be looked at as closely.