How do I get Google to help me with my japanese homework?
- I enter the url translate.google.com into my preferred browser (Chrome) and the DNS converts that into an IP address.
- The request is routed to servers until Google Translate's server is found then saved in the cache.
- The server then responds with packets of data that the browser translates, then presents via HTML, CCS and Java script. (Simple presentation, but efficient.)
- I then set up "rules" for searching the database by selecting which languages to translate to and from. (In this case, Japanese to English.)
- I enter the query for 孤独, which is taken to the "back" then talks to the database and files.
- With SQL, the database finds the approriate response to my query.
- The response is presented to me with the approriate text and I now have the answer to carry on with my homework!