Primary goal - Become a healthier me!
- recover full operation of my shoulder and knee
- lose fat
- gain muscle
- gain endurance
- eat healthier (aka more vegetables, I suppose)
- never get diabetes!
Current health status
- 6'0" and 235lbs, size 38-40 waist
- right rotator cuff injury (due to racquetball serve...) is recovering but too slowly and with too many returns to pain and injured status (I jump right back in to r-ball or roughhousing and lifting nephews too quickly) - anyone have any thoughts? PT not much help...
- right kneecap pain related to inactivity (probably shortened quad - stretching this is helping immensely)
- sleep apnea - may go away with better body composition
Action plan -
- Eat less sugar (complete - usually less than 20g/day)
- Eat healthy, good fiber breakfast every weekday (complete - 1/2C old fashioned oats with 1TBSP peanut butter and 1+TBSP ground flax)
- Stretch quads, hamstrings, calves, and rotator cuff daily (mostly complete - work on full consistency)
- Ultimate frisbee for 2+ hours every Sunday (in progress)
- only use stairs at work (in progress - 5th floor)
- Buy and cook with more vegetables to eat healthier (starting!)
- Weight lift - lightweight, med rep upper body for rotator cuff recovery? medium weight (to resume), low rep lowerbody for knee recovery 2+x per week
- Core exercizes every day I don't weightlift
- Resume playing racquetball VERY carefully - start by limiting it to 1 game per session 2x per week, and no using the serve which angers my rotator cuff!