Updated Feb, 26th 2013
Timbuktu is an iPad magazine for children. We want Timbuktu to become the digital magazine used by kids at home and by teachers at school. They'll find news explained in a simple and fun way and other learning games to improve reading, writing, math.
1. major “players” in the system (BUYERS)
2. List out any selfish reasons why each player would need their contacts/friends to join the service
a. want to play with their friends and show their results. They want to be the first/most successfull in the game. Being featured in the magazine. We ask kids to send us photos/pictures and we will show the best on our blog or on the next issue of the magazine.
[#4] Kids like play on the ipad
b. have free credits. If they invite friends we can give them 1 month subscription for free or special stories/issues
[#4] parents want their child to learn and not just play. They want their kids to be the best at school and by using Timbuktu they can improve their kids' capabilities
c. we can give special discounts if they use Timbuktu in more than one class or if they recommend it to parents and other schools.
[#4] Teachers and schools need new tools to keep their kids engaged and interested. iPad and digital tools are the future of learning.
3. List out all things you could possibly charge each player for on the service
a. we cannot charge kids
b. we charge a monthly subscription to the magazine
4. For 2 and 3 above give a very short reason you think the player would be motivated to need their contact or pay for the service
5. a. List the channels (email, facebook, text message, etc.) that you will send your users’ invites through and b. how you will get that contact data
a. email. Please note that we cannot use Facebook because it's not COPPA compliant and parents don't like to have a facebook login on their children's apps.
b. we ask our users to send an invite via mail to try Timbuktu and we get the mail of their friend
6. Create what those invites will look like
Email invites --