I’ve been working on an alphabet series with watercolor florals. My intention was to offer them as monogram prints (with a name or the name of the flower) and as a full alphabet print. My MIL kept saying she thought they’d be great for fabric since a lot of the alphabet stuff you find is more childish. I liked her idea but kept putting off working on making patterns since it wasn’t something I’d really done before. I took Liz’s other surface design class but this one seemed like just the kick in the butt I needed. I’m hoping to make a mini collection for each of the flowers in my alphabet with coordinating patterns across each collection.
I’m absolutely in love with sunflowers right now so I decided to use that one for this project. I made a few different patterns with my watercolor sunflower and then created other patterns that I thought went well together. At first I wasn’t a big fan of a couple of the patterns but once I got them all together I’m really pleased with how they came out. I kept trying them out with the quilt block mock ups but haven’t really liked anything I’ve done with that. However, I love the notebook and gift tag mock ups!