This class was amazing. It took me a long time, but I enjoyed the process, learned a lot and I'm really pleased with the result. I'm so grateful to Louise for putting in the time and effort to make such a detailed and thorough tutorial.
I have not decided whether to add in the water droplets. I'm afraid of ruining it!
I used Arches 185gsm Medium watercolour paper. It buckled a little as I was painting but having it taped to the desk help it to flatten out again as it dried. I'd happily use it again (for those worried their paper isn't heavy enough). The tooth on the paper sometimes made it hard to get clean edges but I managed to do okay with a tiny brush for the edge.
I used the following colours as pictured:
Cotman Cadmium Yellow Pale Hue, Daniel Smith (DS) Green Gold, DS Sap Green, DS Deep Sap Green, DS Cascade Green, Cotman Ultramarine, Cotman Turquoise, Cotman Permanent Rose, Cotman Burnt Sienna.
I found the ultramarine difficult to work with. Mine seemed to lift and push the colours behind. It seemed to work more like the video when I had less water mixed with it.
I did screw up some of it - the lowest pink flower stem I accidentally painted dark green - oops! But managed to salvage it and I don't think it would be noticed.
I'm now working on my own succulent painting using the techniques in this lesson.