Stealing Plums

I finally decided to not just think about starting this project but actually do it.

When we were out for a walk "stealing" some plums I took my camera along to get a better idea of different shapes of leaves and flowers. Since there wasn't much to see except for a few wild flowers and weeds I started to just snap anything that had an interesting shape.

That's what I started with:

a1cb43fd

Made some sketches:

8a907a78

My moodboard (did this the lazy way just zapping through pinterest):

e0e42f32

Turning sketches into vector:

7f0c76d2

You can tell I just used a few elements later. 

7de46861

0e985fe9

dada8bee

3090e6d1

b7a9c082

5f024e8b

After fighting with Illustrator's clipping masks, I'm pretty happy, I didn't give up.

This project was superfun and an example that staying focused and not giving up because of boring starting material can really be really worth it.

Feel free to comment :-)

Comments

Please sign in or sign up to comment.