Initial result: Here is my initial result while following along with Andrzej. I decided to forgo the dashed lines part as I couldn't get it to work the way I wanted it to. Plus I really like how this initial animation came out and didn't really want to add anything more to it for the time being. If I have any updates on this technique I will, as always, update here.
I made the venetian angles vertical and diagonal instead in my animation. For the later accents I used the same colour as the background to imitate a masking effect which I really like. I find this to be quite trippy, but I really like the outcome.