Update July 2021
Wow, so, it's been over a year since I started this project - talk about taking my time! To be fair, I've been noodling with the drawings and trying different styles.
This is my latest version, the restrained one. I didn't want to over-work it so I kept the lines deliberately rough.
I have several of my pattern swatches pre-loaded in Photoshop so I had fun trying out a few different looks.
Update April 2020
I decided I wasn't going to rush this project, and really dig into the exercises. I've used the project photographs to come up all sorts of faces, and I'm not done yet.
I like to sit on the couch on an evening and play around with no pressure. It may take some time for me to get to a final image, but for now I really am enjoying the process.
Work in progress - montage 1:
Work in progress - montage 2:
Work in progress - montage 3: