I decided to try the perfect bound method for my project. I thought it would be easier to start with and I like when sketchbooks lay flat.
I ended up using books as my weights while drying the glue, as you can see here haha
I ended up not leaving enough room for the spine when I first glued everything together, which made it to where the book wouldn't close. I also didn't cut my spine cover strip long enough.
After removing the spine paper strip, I was able to add a new one. It's not perfect, but I'm glad that I was able to fix it for the most part. And I think the black spine looks better than what I originally had.
This was a fun class, and I'm excited to try making more sketchbooks in the future! I'm going to be using this one for a witch themed character exploration. I always have a hard time finding premade sketchbooks with paper that I like, so I think the skills I learned from this class will come in handy the next time I need a new sketchbook!