I am going to be making a map of running/biking paths that are around my house. I train for a lot of races so I need to run a lot of different distances. Over the past couple of years I have come up with a ton of rountes that get the job done, and I thought it might be fun to be able to portray that in a fun and creative way that I would be able to share with my fellow runners/ walkers/ bikers!
- Why am I making this map?
I am totally making this map for fun. As something I can hang on the wall if it turns out well. During the warmer months in Minnesota I love to run outside, and based on the number of people I see while I am out running I know a lot of other Minnesotans do as well. This could be a fun way to get people interested in running and discovering their neighborhood.
- Why am I the expert to create this map?
I by no means claim to be an expert runner, I am actually pretty slow, however, I have been running these same paths for the last couple years and I know distances and landmarks and lots of different versions of paths that I think any level of runner/walker would be interested in.
- Who is my target audience?
Runners/ Walkers/ Bikers/ Dog Walkers/ Parents taking their kids on walks... anyone!
- Do I want my final project to be printed or digital? How is going to be used/held? What other constraints do I need to keep in mind moving forward? (Note type can be smaller on printed maps than when viewed on web)
I definitley wan this to be printed. That's just my style.
- What level of detail do I need to include? (Names, addresses, contact info, street names, website, hours, descriptions, color coding, etc.)
I haven't decided what I want to include yet. Probably some street names, probably some landmarks, probably some trail distance makrs... not sure what else.
- Dear class, I need your help/expertise/guidance on how to.....
I am not a drawer, I use illustrator and photoshop for everthing, I can draw a lot better using the compter than I can do using my own hand. Any tips that help with drawing would be greatly appreciated!