Rose project

Rose project - student project

I loved the colors for this rose, I was drawn to the fact that the colors chosen for areas are not actually there...like the purples. I don't have pink or purple so I used madder lake deep and ultramarine blue and it ended up being pink and purple anyway haha. I was hoping the blue would mix nicely with the red to create the purple and it did. I am NOT happy with my lines. I only have one brush, and I think I was not carefully putting my water on...it's hard to see but I worked REALLY hard on not using too much water. I think I did better on this than my past projects, I overworked the leaf at the bottom but...it is what it is haha. I see so much to improve on with this but I'm still happy with it.