Project Research: Personalising Fabric

Project Research: Personalising Fabric - student project

I'm working towards personalising and upcycle second-hand clothes, so I'm researching and learning all the different ways I can add my designs to fabric (these were designed by me :)).

Really loved doing this. I think I probably had already tried it when I was younger, but it's really fun and Im very happy I've come across it again for this project.

Since my designs are made with found images, I think the texture left by the process adds to it, although I do wish the colours were clearer in the darker areas of the images where the white of the paper is more noticable. Maybe I just need to keep rubbing the paper off.

 

Of these four, the one that's the least damaged was the last one I did once I had found the rhythm of the process and learn more from the "failed" attempts. 

What I did was wet and rub the paper, then dry it again with the iron when it got saturated. Then repeat until I was happy with the result.

I found that this help againts rubbing off the actual image.

 

Thank you for this class. Next I'll be puting them in the washing machine to see how they look after.

Project Research: Personalising Fabric - image 1 - student project 

Project Research: Personalising Fabric - image 2 - student project This was the last one I did. The process feels a lot more straight forward and easier.

 

Project Research: Personalising Fabric - image 3 - student project

This was one of the first ones I did and I forgot to iron it before rubbing the paper off.