Portuguese wine

Portuguese wine - student project

I've been doing lots of classes in this series so this project was a little of practice for many of them.

I started with a schetch of a bottle of wine a friend brought me from Portugual.

Portuguese wine - image 1 - student project

Then I used the scanned image to trace it with the (dreaded) pen tool, except for the name and the bottle cap (left those out for a handmade feel). Then I added a stroke to that path and this was my starting point for this project. I also added the subtitle and used wrap to make it fit.

I especially love the crown on the cap, that I made wih a custom shape (got it in the glitter project!).

Portuguese wine - image 2 - student project

Took me few hours actually with all the tweaks but I am pleased with the result and I also start to see my own art style emerging from these projects.

Thank you Helen, great class and awesome textures resources again!