PoP Brainstorm Ideas
TARGET: 25-54 year old working professionals that have an interest in social causes but are not actively participating (i.e. volunteering or donating)
- Families build a school by incentivizing kids to get good grades, read books, complete all their homework, activities. Creates family time and kids learn about giving back.
- Create fundraising tool kits for families (worth $100 – educates 4 students for one year). Every time kids complete a specific task, they get to add to a piece of the school until they build the entire school
- Idea can extend to the classroom and tutoring facilities
- Potential partners: Legos, Leap pad, Crayola
- Book club parties
- Reach out to book clubs around the US and get them to hold a dinner or dessert party. Everyone that attends will donate what they think their meal or treat was worth. All donations going to PoP.
- Kid art coffee book
- Kids love to draw and color in elementary school. Create a coffee book with their works of art and stories to be sold at Barnes and Noble and Amazon. A portion of sales benefitting PoP.
- A day without pencils
- Awareness campaign targeted towards working professionals and families
- How hard would it be to go without pens or pencils in the classroom for a day? Challenge teachers and classrooms to go without writing utensils for a day.
Sports / Fitness / Productivity-related
- Weight loss challenge: People better themselves by losing weight while supporting PoP
- For every pound you lose, the partner will donate $__ for a child to go to school and have enough food for a week. You’re losing weight and become your best self as the child in Guatemala gains food and education.
- Potential partners: Jenny Craig and Weight Watchers
- Century Bike Ride/Marathon Race
- Nationwide similar to the Aids Walk, pick top metropolitan areas.
- Friends and Family’s donate a certain $ for every mile you walk/run/ride
- Productivity Apps
- Wunderlist and other apps that make completing chores a game
- Create a school/classroom themed game where you for every 5 chores you complete, the app donates to PoP
- Incentivize consumer to write a review
- When someone buy a product from a retailer, when you give a review or rating on what you bought, the company will give a donation to PoP
- Product categories: consumer technology, clothing, shoes, bags, restaurants
- Environments: Retailer sites, Yelp, Facebook, Twitter
- Reach out to corporate foundations that donate to education, children and developing countries. Corporate foundations: $2MM grants to 100-200 organizations every year
- Family foundation, private grants
- Utilize Silicon Valley Community Fund’s connections with corporate donors and create an initiative focusing on fundraising for PoP
- Social Gaming with a cause (education tie-in)
- Draw something, Words with Friends, Farmville/Cityville
- Draw animals, flowers, and other items local to Guatemala
- Use Guatemala inspired color palette
- Buy coins and the game will donate to PoP
Other Random ideas
- Dora the explorer!
- Creative book collaboration with HIt Record inspired by PoP (or using pencils only to create, colored pencils ok)
- Kumon partnership
That's all I have so far...Thanks!