Saturday, March 30th
Still working on completing the last challenge and having issues scaling layout for different devices. I had been working in Safari, not realizing that Screenfly did not work in the browser. I then switched to Chrome and was able to view the site with localhost:8888.
I'm going to be working on adjusting the CSS code for my device stylesheet to enable viewing in all devices (which will be very challenging).
This site will not be published, since it is only for practice, but eventually will work on fine tuning the design/layout and hope to publish in near future.
Norman's a little behind on his project, but slowly with a lot of trial and error, our website is beginning to develop. This week we completed the following:
This week's code challenge was a REAL challenge. After numerous trials, I was finally able to complete each of the styles in the assignment. I now need to think more about the design, specifically colors, spacing and layout. Right now, design elements are all over the place.
Separately, Norman finally has his own URL, so visit him at http://www.thenormandaily.com
Meow...2.1 Code Challenge Complete, but not without some glitches. I was able to resolve issues by modifying codes and file formats.
We've been busy working on creating resources and products for dog owners. Unfortunately, Norman is having difficuly with validating code, so it's been a struggle.
We've had success with creating links, inserting images and even managed to code forms and tables. I hope Norman is able to retain everything he's learned after graduation.
This is Norman. He's an 8 year old rescue who spent the first 7 years of his life in a cage as a stud at a Missouri puppy mill. This project is dedicated to all the neurotic dachshunds and their owners.