1. My peaceful place is the ocean, as you can see from the image above, which my friend took this picture when we were camping in the Channel Islands in California. The first day we were there, I sat on this amazing overlook above the Pacific Ocean.
2. I faced near burnout at my old job. My therapist said I just narrowly avoided a nervous breakdown, but ended up moving to Bali for 6 months to give myself a full mental reset. I practice meditation everyday to try and keep my mental/emotional slate clean so I can be a kinder person to myself and those around me.
3. For meditation, I use Insight Timer, as well as a guided meditation MP3 that I created for myself, which states affirmations I find particularly helpful in my life. I meditate first thing in the morning, and then I also play my guided meditation just before bedtime. If I'm having trouble sleeping, I use a recording on Insight Timer called Theta Mare - this recording uses binaural beats to calm the mind into more relaxed states of consciousness.
4. For my play activity, surfing is my absolute love! In fact I think it's one of the most fun things I've ever done in my life. I like to surf with friends typically. If I'm away from the coast, then I replace surfing with mountain biking.
5. I find community in surfing, as well as in the digital nomad communities in coworking spaces both in Bali and in Switzerland.
6. Surfing and mountain biking gets me outdoors and in nature :)
7. I'm grateful that you guys have joined me on this online course. I'm grateful that I have the opportunity to talk about wellness and personal growth - subjects I'm very passionate about. I'm grateful for my loved ones, notably my girlfriend and our dog Whiskey. I'm grateful that I find such peace, inspiration, and joy in Bali.
8. I meditate and think about things I'm grateful for first thing in the morning. I try to surf or mountain bike daily which gets me outdoors and in nature. I often work at coworking spaces to build community with like-minded individuals.