My education is in Graphic Design and I've done that for over 25 years. I've been freelancing for about half of that and now I want to create ways to have residual and recurring income. I am new to surface pattern design. In fact, I haven't done much research besides looking up designers on IG and doing this course. I do feel drawn to it and would like to pursue it, along with other ways of creating income (besides my current design work).
So far, my broad priority list includes:
• Research and do many courses on SPD to fill my mind with information for later use and to be able to make wise decisions about what I'd like to do and how
• Research and short list PoD and licensing companies
• Work towards setting up and selling on PoD sites with current art I have
• Research and begin experimenting with patterns, reacquainting myself with creating patterns in Illustrator
• Create at least 4 collections and market them to sell. I'm not even sure if this is doable. I pulled a number out of a hat that I thought sounded fairly accomplishable.
My social media handle is @rdwcreative
You can find me on IG at https://www.instagram.com/rdwcreative/
This year I rebranded myself and rebuilt my website. The link is https://www.rdwcreative.ca/ if you'd like to take a look.