1. People say 'you can't judge a book by its cover.' Oh, you can. You just have to read the title if it's a non-fiction book.
2. Read between the lines . . . you'll really mess up your shot at an acting career.
3. All that glitters isn't gold. For instance, if you throw glitter on a book it's not gold, it's just a book covered with glitter.
4. Time heals all wounds. Tell that to the cooked turkey I just cut up.
5. Laughter is the best medicine. If you're mute, you can't laugh.
6. Don't cry over spilled milk. Cry over spilled coffee.
7. Time flies. Ever since I heard that, I've been looking at my alarm clock wondering when it'll sprout wings and jump out my window.
8. There's no time like the present. I hope to remember that in the past.
9. Somebody woke up on the wrong side of the bed. If your bed is pushed up against a wall, that means the side you have to get out on is always the wrong side of the bed . . . my morning's ruined.
10. You can't please everyone, but you could please your cat.