This class was what I was looking for as far as the style of the finished painted piece. Although I did manage to paint a decent Monstera, I did struggle with layering as my paper was not what was recommended in the class. I will have another go at painting this and will be posting an update soon. Thank you `Katya, looking forward to more classes!
Painting first and second layers
Update: Changed my paper to Winsor&Newton Cotman coldpressed 300gsm Grain Fin and here are my results.
Update 2: As suggested I added more color around the veins and around the leaf holes. I was a bit apprehensive in adding more detail as I was afraid I was going to mess up, but I’m glad I took your advice Katya! I now know what to do in the future when painting botanicals. You can watch a timelapse video of this monstera over on my instagram @marymaes_art.