Modules 2 & 3 (Updated)

Modules 2 & 3 (Updated) - student project

 

Hello! I could not figure out how to upload a second project, so I edited the current project by replacing it with the photos I took for the other modules. I am sorry about this. Any CC or help is again appreciated--I know these aren't as amazing as everyone else's, but I've learned a lot! Thank you so much for this class, Mr. Wang! 

 

Modules 2 & 3 (Updated) - image 1 - student project

1. Tried to experiment with vertical and horizontal lines and contrast in this one. I thought the piano was a good source of that, but somehow the image didn't turn out as well as I wanted it to (maybe the shadows on the top affected it?) 

 

Modules 2 & 3 (Updated) - image 2 - student project

2. I saw a picture of Henri Cartier-Bresson of the lines of a train station (it was one of the second or third in the gallery?) It was a phenomenal use of leading lines and curved/vertical lines, so I tried to do that here. It is not quite as good, obviously. I post processed this and erased some clutter on the bottom floor (that's why the floor looks fuzzy...). Would the composition be stronger if cropped it so the second banister dissapeared at the corner of the image? 

Modules 2 & 3 (Updated) - image 3 - student project

 3. This one was one of my worst, but it was an experiment with abstraction...I tried to isolate the subject by having the light reflected in that mirror.  I wanted it to be "flat" but the mirrors were up too high for me to shoot straight on.

Modules 2 & 3 (Updated) - image 4 - student project

 4. I wanted to experiment with alternate angles, and hoped to isolate the subject (the moon) by having it appear on the same plane (?) as in, the lines that intersected would have led to the subject. Not sure what I was thinking. 

Modules 2 & 3 (Updated) - image 5 - student project

5. Lines! I attempted to have the edge of the air vent "lead" to the upper line (I guess I should have adjusted my angle a little more). The way the second line cuts off is kind of unsatisfying.

Modules 2 & 3 (Updated) - image 6 - student project

6. I tried to capture an angle of the squares on a door, but I found there were distracting elements, so I then tried to include them in the shot and use the squares to frame them. This one, I suppose, didn't work particularly well. I also heavily post processed/erased things, which is why that botch in the left corner is there. It looked neat from upside down; I guess I just couldn't figure out how to make it work with the doorknobs and ceiling of the other room involved. 

 

Modules 2 & 3 (Updated) - image 7 - student project

 

7. Second shot of the moon/windowframe. I thought this one aligned a little better, but still seems off. 

 

Thanks for taking the time to look through these! I have learned so much through this class and I'm extremely grateful. The world looks so different when you try to see the shapes!