Mixed media project

Mixed media project - student project

I really really enjoyed this course! I learned a lot of new things that I'm sure I will apply in the future. All of the exercises could be better and I see some errors but it's only the first time I ever tried so I'm satisfied.

- Negative space. It was a bit hard to control the paint and not go too far in some shapes. The fact that I don't have too many brushes also influences it because I can't be as precise as I'd like to.

Mixed media project - image 1 - student project

 

- Masking fluid. What a discovery! I never knew this even existed. I really liked using it. This first exercise was good to see how to apply it. 

Mixed media project - image 2 - student project

 

- White ink. I had done the universe exercise in the beginners' course (via Domestika) so I decided to do something different. I used white acrylic paint for the details in the letters, and I mixed it with water for the last touches in the flowers. In this exercise I challenged myself to use different colors, as I tend to use blue/purple with yellows.

Mixed media project - image 3 - student project

- Cloud exercise. Very interesting technique! 

Mixed media project - image 4 - student project

 

- Final project. I had had this idea in mind for my final project since I started the beginners' course and that's why I decided to take your other courses here. I used the universe technique with white acrylic paint for the sky; the experimental watercolor technique with black ink for the moon and white for the light around it; the cloud technique for the smoke; negative space for the "make a wish" tag; and I masked the string attached to the tag and the small gems in the magic lamp. I also used golden acrylics for the details in the lap, although the golden brightness is not really noticeable in the picture.

Mixed media project - image 5 - student project