Updated Jan, 16th 2013
Its taken years to get this heavy and be this stagnant and I am hoping it won't take years to make a change. Work and stress have been allowed to take up too much real estate in my daily life and at the end of the day I have nothing to show for it but more stress and extra lbs.
Making becoming active a #1priority by:
Creating active habits and inserting them into my daily life. Developing more of a respectable work life balance by getting in touch with my internal rocky balboa.
Long term goal is to drop 80lbs. by (TBD????)
Short term milestones to help me get there:
- Start the Whole30 Program in February (http://whole9life.com/2012/08/the-whole30-program)
- will help me work on adjusting my diet and help me develop a working food plan for the rest of the year.
- Walking 2-3 times a week for about 5-6miles (already started Jan. 3rd) (tracking miles/calories w/pedometer)
- Daily stretching before/after workouts
- Gym 3 times per week for weight training
- Eating 3 full meals + 2 snacks
- Keeping a daily daily diary of my activies and progress
- Eliminating the elevators and escalators in my daily life. (I live on the 10th floor in my apt building and my job is on the 5th floor of a building) stairs stairs stairs
- Walking to work/walking from work to home (Work is about a 30 minute walk from home)
***Bad habits to break
- Not getting 7-8 hours of sleep every night
- skipping meals/not eating enough calories
- not working out