Updated Dec, 6th 2012
I'm starting a small shop where I sell scarves, bowties, and other handmade goodies, so I'll be designing a logo for that! I'm a little in between on what I should name it, but Merry Motif is the strongest contender so far!
Following is my first attempt at a logo for Merry Motif (Sorry for the fuzzyness, my cell phone was closest):
I've numbered my favourites for referance.
1) Okay, I just really like this because it's a smiley face. It's kind of silly, kind of fun. Once refined, though, I think it will be easily idenified and copied onto different materials.
2) This attempt was my first try at adding an actual motif into the logo.
3) Just a mirror on the 'M's.
4) Another way I tried to work a motif into the logo.
5) An improvement on #4, I envision the triangles being coloured, with the 'M' parts being bold and dark.