Madame Lillian's Shampoo

Madame Lillian's Shampoo - student project


I incorporated some suggestions from the comments below and played around with the sketch some more. I'm getting close to being really happy with the final look--just have some more tweaking to do!

Madame Lillian's Shampoo - image 1 - student project


I think this is a pretty final sketch, although I'm not really sold on the "Shampoo" lettering style and the blank spaces above and below it.

Madame Lillian's Shampoo - image 2 - student project


I made a few more concrete layouts, but there's still a ways to go. I'll probably swap elements between layouts before coming up with a solid final image.

Madame Lillian's Shampoo - image 3 - student project


I'm really bad at sketching out entire layouts, haha. These are a few ideas I've had for label shapes, placement of text, and text style.

Madame Lillian's Shampoo - image 4 - student project


I'm designing a shampoo label based on vintage labels (luggage stickers, medicinal tins, beauty products). I've pulled together a mood board of lettering styles or colors that are really appealing to me.

I really want the lettering to be the main focus, with perhaps a very small illustration.

Madame Lillian's Shampoo - image 5 - student project