For my first experiment with customising type I decided to make a patch for my hometown of Lisburn in Northern Ireland.
Started by sketching out a few ideas.
I liked this idea because of the way the letters flowed into each other.
For my second experiment I decided to make a patch for Northern Ireland. This time I wanted to try building the type from scratch rather than customising an existing typeface. Again I started in the sketchbook.
I tried limiting myself to only using straight lines and no curves. I then took my sketches into the computer and developed it in stages the same way Aaron showed us in the class.
Working this way, I eventually landed on this final iteration.
I then took it a little further and added a shamrock in the same style as the type.