- Why am I making this map? For fun? A client? A gift? To showcase my favorite places? Etc.
I'm going to design a zoo map. For myself, and as a creative exercise. I'm a huge animal affectionato and love the idea of it being highly illustrative — perhaps it's more of a printed souvenir than a wayfinding piece (showing bathrooms etc).
- Why am I the expert to create this map?
I've been to many zoos! But besides that, I'm not.
- Who is my target audience?
All zoo visitors!
- Do I want my final project to be printed or digital? How is going to be used/held? What other constraints do I need to keep in mind moving forward? (Note type can be smaller on printed maps than when viewed on web)
- What level of detail do I need to include? (Names, addresses, contact info, street names, website, hours, descriptions, color coding, etc.)
Haven't figured out yet...
- Dear class, I need your help/expertise/guidance on how to.....
Don't even know what questions to ask yet! Hopefully it will come to me.
Here are my handdrawn maps:
From the skytrain to my place
My top Gastown Eats: