This was my first experience with surface patterns and I really enjoyed it.
Because I'm not a good artist, I went for a theme I can make look decent at least 50 percent of the time - cats. The wallpaper pattern name is "Kitty, Kitty." I used sketches along with the word "cat" in English, Spanish, German, French and Swahili, plus the words for some cat noises.
Here is my sketch pad cat pattern.
Here is the tile for the straight line wall configuration.
Here is the tile for the diagonal wall configuration.
I didn't have a wall space on which to attach the tiles, so I spread them on a flat surface.
The lighting in my house is pretty dreadful. I think that is why so many of my photos have a pink cast. They really are not pink.
The biggest challenge in doing this project was my shaky hands. Cutting and taping was not a fun thing and few of the joins are seamless. However, this was a great class. I learned a lot and enjoyed seeing the pattern come together.