- Why am I making this map? For fun? A client? A gift? To showcase my favorite places? Etc.
-I've always loved maps. I used to spend hours studying the Rand McNally atlas as a child and now spend lots of time on Google Maps. I am making this map to eventually hang in my home.
- Why am I the expert to create this map? I have lived in or around Kansas City my whole life.
- Who is my target audience? I don't really have one. :)
- Do I want my final project to be printed or digital? How is going to be used/held? What other constraints do I need to keep in mind moving forward? (Note type can be smaller on printed maps than when viewed on web). Thinking at this point it's going to be print.. but if it does end up as digital, it'll be printed out.
- What level of detail do I need to include? (Names, addresses, contact info, street names, website, hours, descriptions, color coding, etc.) Mostly street names, landmarks, and waterways. It's not going to be elaborate.
- Dear class, I need your help/expertise/guidance on how to.....
Create something cool and original.
This is where I live and I am going to map it out for you! Stay tuned.