Determine your business goals
Create the business goals section of your business plan.
Make a list of your business goals related to your writing.
- Offer newsletter creation and management services
- Content and Blog post services
- Use social media and SEO it get my start and maintain my business
- Write manual and training materials
- Provide social media services as a specialist
Where do you see yourself in five to 10 years?
- Completed my Masters in New Journalism and working on my PhD
- Written kitchen manuals for those new/scared of cooking
- Publish a series of cookbooks
- Having a steady income from my writing business
Are you writing a book? When will it publish? Do you want to be #1 on Amazon? If so, set a date.
- I would like to write a kitchen manual and have it published by the end of the summer. I have already starting writing the manual and have a publishing company that would like to publish it for me. Once it is completed I would love to be #1 on Amazon.
Are you a jack-of-all-trades writer? What's your niche? Decide the kinds of projects you want to work on. Are you a copywriter, copyeditor, or corporate communications writer? Do you want to work with small business owners?
- I like to write different topics, whatever comes to mind is usually what I will write.
- I would not only like to write the kitchen manual but also start a Christian Women's magazine, a series of Prayer Journals and calendars. I've even thought about doing greeting cards.
- I am a blogger, a freelance writer, copywriter, copyeditor. I have enrolled in some Journalism classes just so I can refresh my skills.
- I want to get into ghost writing as well.
- I would love to work with small business owners.