We offer goods that are produced with respect for people, planet and product. Whenever possible we produce using waste materials, we make sure to pay fair wages across the supply chain and aim to empower underprivileged groups with our work and minimize shipping across long distances.
Our key differentiation comes through our brand, our way of producing and our culture. The Holstee Manifesto, our mission statement, has been shared over 120 million times online and was described by the Washington Post as "the new just do it". We have also built up strong expertise in the field of sustainable production.
We are convinced that the leading brands of the future will be the ones driven by genuine values. We want Holstee to be the leading global brand for a mindful lifestyle and plan to expand into many different industries over the next 20 years. Currently we are focused on physical goods. In the coming 12 months we will multiply our current offering from paper products, accessories and apparel by adding home goods and office goods.
Job Description: Junior Operations and Production Manager
Location: New York, NY
Holstee is a values-driven product design company in NYC looking for a dynamic entry-level person to join our growing team. We have big dreams for where to take the company next and we will expand our product offering as part of that. While our products are currently in the paper, accessories and apparel categories, we are in the process of adding several additional lines. We need your help to make it happen!
From managing supply chain logistics to helping keep our books updated, this position provides the grease that makes the wheels at Holstee turn smoothly. If you’ve got the flexibility to take on any task handed to you, passion for the principles in our Manifesto, and the ability the problem solve in unexpected ways, we want to talk to you.
Our Ideal Candidate
- Takes initiative and can be trusted to drive a project to completion independently
- Is self-confident and always ready to learn on the go
- Is a strong communicator with a great sense of humor
- Feels at home and stays organized in a fast-paced environment
- Has a good sense of style and design
- Enjoys working in a small close-knit team of young people
- Is looking to stay with the company for 2+ years
- Lives in NYC
- Bachelor’s degree; recent grads welcome
- History of meeting tight deadlines and developing creative solutions
- A demonstrated commitment to environmental sustainability and/or positive social impact
- A clear pattern of exceeding expectations and standards
- Experience or strong interest in working at a start-up company
- Proficiency with Excel/Word; knowledge of Quickbooks or accounting would be nice to have
- Established track record of managing complex projects
Although this role will provide support in both operations and production, we generally take a “do what needs to be done” approach, so anything is fair game! We’re looking for someone with high potential for growth and ability to take on more responsibility over time.
- Cooperate with fulfillment center regarding shipping and delivery
- Manage SKUs and product information
- Use Quickbooks to distribute purchase orders and track invoices
- Create new SKUs in master spreadsheet & update all margin info / cost info
- Help manage sampling process, including identifying product materials and vendors
- Order packaging for new products as necessary
- Manage inventory tracking database
- Help establish new systems for banking and payroll
- Support recruiting efforts by posting jobs, researching candidate pipelines, onboarding new contractors
- Manage administrative tasks in payroll and bookkeeping
- Perform basic research for various projects
- Other tasks as needed
Salary is based on industry standard for a start-up company and includes health benefits, professional development, and a fun, casual, and exciting work environment.