I'm hoping to create better visuals for my website of the places I've traveled. Istanbul was a particular challenge due to poor signage, but Ireland also had some challenges.
I want to make visually appealing maps that tell stories, reflect the sense of place of a city, or help highlight hidden finds.
For starters, I wanted to keep the handrawn map simple.
- Why am I making this map? For fun and to help me look at things more simply.
- Why am I the expert to create this map? I spent a week there, but I studied ts history and art history.
- Who is my target audience? My blog readers.
- Do I want my final project to be printed or digital? How is going to be used/held? What other constraints do I need to keep in mind moving forward? I want my final map to be digital with a printable option. It may be useful to create a smartphone-friendly size.
- What level of detail do I need to include? (Names, addresses, contact info, street names, website, hours, descriptions, color coding, etc.) Ultimately, I'll need names, color coding, and landmarks.
- Dear class, I need your help/expertise/guidance on how to... Look at things from a simpler, pared down viewpoint. I tend to want to add too much or be too perfect.