Into The Wild

Into The Wild - student project

 

One of my favourite stories ever. I tried to create simple covers at first. This is what I’ve done so far.

This is my brainstoming page. 
Into The Wild - image 1 - student project

This is my drafts page:

Into The Wild - image 2 - student project

Then I created these three covers. 

 

This one is focused more on the symbols of the story, with the magic bus in the centre:

Into The Wild - image 3 - student project

I wanted to play with the lettering, adding simple illustrations based on nature elements. It’s childish, but I enjoy the process of transforming letters into drawings hahaha

Into The Wild - image 4 - student project

The thid one is more simple and serious. I used the technique taught on a Teela Cunningham class, “Intro to 3D Lettering in Procreate”. The side borders wer supposed to represent a road, but I’m not sure if it's clear. 

Into The Wild - image 5 - student project

I had lots of fun doing them, I’ll practice more with other titles and try to add more details. This class is awesome and the theoretical aspects, the process that th designer goes through, is definitely the best part of it. Thanks, Jessica! 

Oh, this is the original cover with a brief summary of Chris’s story:

Into The Wild - image 6 - student project