I wasn't very happy with my first attempt at an illustration in this style:
After spending some time figuring out what it was that I didn't like about it, I decided that I had set the brush size too large and many of my hatch lines were too similar, so I chose a different type of plant and tried again:
I liked the results of that much better.
I'm not on Instagram at the moment, so I don't think that I will complete the full challenge at this stage, but I did a mix tape illustration which was closely based on the example in the class:
For my final illustration, I mixed it up a bit and integrated the lettering into the illustration:
I'm pretty happy with my line work in that piece, but I think I probably need a little more practice with stippling.