Feb 20 - not sure which one to do, so I'll sketch both;
upload the sketches...
Feb 21 - questions from Week 1 - Section 6.[
- Why am I making this map? For fun? A client? A gift? To showcase my favorite places?: --For fun, to learn more about available tools, to give a self-guided tour to our Toronto guests, as well as an interesting souvenir, stretch myself in a new kind of creativity, re-educate myself about Toronto after being away for 10 years,
- Why am I the expert to create this map? -- I have lived here for 5, and away for 10 years. A good combination of foudational knowledge with new curiousity and interest in learning!
- Who is my target audience?-- my house guests. However, it might be something that places in the Market might carry - ie the good egg.
- Do I want my final project to be printed or digital? How is going to be used/held? What other constraints do I need to keep in mind moving forward? (Note type can be smaller on printed maps than when viewed on web) - Probably both, right? isn't that the right answer? while I haven't the first idea about how to make it digital for a smartphone, that is an interesting question. Let's say printed to start. Maybe even postcard sized? one side is the zoom of our home neighbourhood for the guests to get there, and the other side is the self-guided Toronto tour? It might have to be folded???
- What level of detail do I need to include? (Names, addresses, contact info, street names, website, hours, descriptions, color coding, etc.) --mostly navigation to/from our house from the two airports (not roads) enough for walking tours - they can google for the data
- Dear class, I need your help/expertise/guidance on how to.....digitize a hand-drawn map to make it useful.... can each graphic connect to the web for the logistical info??